If you’re feeling down about all the foods you have to avoid now that you have braces, cheer up! There are so many delicious foods that you can eat to your heart’s content! See if your favorite treat made the list:
- Dairy — soft cheese, pudding, milk-based drinks
- Breads — soft tortillas, pancakes, muffins without nuts
- Grains — pasta, soft cooked rice
- Meats/poultry — soft cooked chicken, meatballs, lunch meats
- Seafood — tuna, salmon, crab cakes, other soft fish
- Vegetables — mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, beans, cooked green beans, cooked carrots
- Fruits — applesauce, bananas, fruit juice, soft/cut-up apples and pears
- Treats — ice cream without nuts, milkshakes, Jell-O, pudding, soft cake
Good meals to eat with braces:
- Sandwich with lunch meat on soft bread and sliced cheese
- Macaroni and cheese with cooked broccoli
- Mashed potatoes and rotisserie chicken
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lasagna with extra-soft noodles
And for dessert?
A delicious milkshake of your favorite nut-free ice cream!
There are so many delicious foods you can eat with braces on. Who knows, you might even find your new go-to meal! And just remember, if you follow all the instructions from the orthodontist and get your braces off on time, you’re that much closer to eating those crunchy snacks again.