If you’re considering your options for braces, it may feel a little overwhelming. But each option has its owns pros and cons, and depending on your lifestyle and budget, you’ll be able to decide what is best for you!
Metal Braces – These are the traditional stainless steel brackets and wires.
- Least expensive
- Most effective
- Allows kids to express themselves with colored bands
- Most noticeable
- Limit you from eating hard and sticky foods
Ceramic braces- Same size and shape as metal braces, but with tooth-colored or clear ceramic brackets.
- Less noticeable than metal
- Most effective (same as metal)
- More costly than metal
- May stain more easily
Invisalign – Clear retainers that are replaced every two weeks to gently move teeth
- Nearly invisible
- Allows you to eat and drink anything
- Only available for teens and adults
- Less effective for severe cases
- May be more costly than others
- Treatment may take longer
Require brushing teeth after eating to prevent staining
With this guide, hopefully it will be easier for you to determine what braces treatment is best for you! If you have any questions or would like to set up a consultation, please contact our Office.